Are you experiencing issues with VideoAsk? We're sorry to hear it! 😕 Here are some simple troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the problem.
If these don't do the trick or your problem isn't listed below, please reach out to our Support team at any time by clicking the Contact Support button at the bottom of this page.
😞 I'm unable to login to my account
If you have an account on VideoAsk that you're unable to log into, you'll first need to confirm which method you initially used to set up your account, and then try the steps below:
How did you set up your account?
Email and password
1. Click I forgot my password to reset your password.
2. If you're not seeing the password reset email, try checking your Spam or Junk folders.
3. If you're still not able to log in after resetting your password, please contact support.
If you originally set up your VideoAsk account with your Typeform credentials, then you'll need to log in with Typeform each time.
If you're having trouble with your Typeform credentials:
1. Click Need Help Signing In?
2. Click I forgot my password
3. Follow the reset password instructions.
4. If you haven't received a reset password email from Typeform, double check your Spam or Junk folders.
5. Alternatively, if you originally used Google or Microsoft to sign up for your Typeform account, try logging in with that method.
Once you've successfully logged in to your Typeform account, this should get you back into your VideoAsk account. If you're still experiencing any issues accessing your account, please contact us by clicking Contact Support at the bottom of this page.
Are you hoping to stop using your Typeform credentials to log in to your VideoAsk account? Follow these steps to split your login credentials.
If you originally signed up to VideoAsk with your Apple credentials, you'll need to log in to VideoAsk with the same method.
If you're having trouble with your Apple ID, please reach out to Apple Support.
🎙 I'm unable to give camera and microphone permissions
Are you trying to record a video in VideoAsk, but can't get your camera or microphone connected? In order to use them, we need permission from you to do so.
These permissions will be granted from your browser and/or device. If you're not seeing the pop-up to grant these permissions, try the following steps (you can scroll down past the video for written instructions if you like 😉):
1. Has your browser blocked pop-ups? If so, you may not see the pop-up window to grant camera and microphone permissions.
You can either unblock pop-ups to see it or click the lock icon to the left of the website URL and set both camera and microphone permissions to Allow.
2. Is your browser up to date? If you're not using the latest browser version, updating your browser can sometimes quickly resolve this (and many other!) issues.
3. Are you using any browser plug-ins or extensions? Do any of them have access to your camera and microphone permissions? If so, they may be conflicting with VideoAsk, so it's worth turning them off to see if that resolves the issue.
4. Have you tried using a different browser or device? Does this work?
Below you can find more detailed information on how to enable/disable camera and microphone permissions based on your browser or device:
- Camera and microphone permissions when using Chrome
- Camera and microphone permissions when using Safari
- Camera and microphone permissions when using Firefox
- Camera and microphone permissions when using iOS
- Camera and microphone permissions when using Android
🖥 I'm unable to record my screen
If you're unable to share your screen after clicking the Record your screen icon, you might need to enable these permissions in the operating system settings on your computer.
If you're on an Apple device, go to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy.
Scroll down and select Screen Recording.
Make sure you've given permissions to the browsers where you're using VideoAsk.
You may be prompted to quit the browser for the changes to take effect:
Back in business! You should now be able to record your screen without issue!
🎬 When I try to record, I get stuck on "Get Ready"
If you or your respondents are trying to record a video in VideoAsk, but your screen gets stuck on "Get Ready", this could be due to a number of reasons.
Follow the steps below figure out what the issue is:
If you or your respondents are trying to record a video in VideoAsk, but never get past the flashing "Get Ready" screen, there may be a problem with your connection to our server.
By default, all videoasks use WebRTC recording technology to stream videos to our servers while they are being recorded. If you're having problems with the recording process, switching from Streamed to Uploaded Recording is the first step to troubleshoot the issue.
If you've tried switching your videoask to Uploaded Recording and are still experiencing issues, this could be caused by a number of different reasons, including:
- Network blocking
- Corporate set up
- Mobile carriers
- Chrome Extensions
If you need some extra help to get the issue resolved, please reach out to our Support team by clicking Contact Support at the end of this article.
❌ My videoask isn't loading
If you've embedded your videoask but it doesn't load, please try these steps to resolve the most common issues that can cause this:
If you or your respondents are having trouble loading your videoask, this could be due to a number of different reasons.
1. Your browser is out of date.
If the browser you're using is out of date, there could be a conflict with it displaying the latest version of VideoAsk and a simple browser update can quickly do the trick. Learn how to:
2. You're using an unsupported browser
✅ Supported browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
⛔️ Unsupported browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Samsung Internet Browser
- Mi Browser
3. There is a bug being experienced in a browser.
If you've tried loading your videoask and it works in one browser, but not another (and they're both up to date), there could be a new bug we haven't yet spotted. 😬
In this case, please click Contact Support below and tell us what browsers you've tried, their versions, and the device you're using.